What We Do
We promote the design, construction and operation of energy-efficient commercial buildings via applied research and development, deployment strategies and integrated, whole-building approaches.
We conduct applied research and development on:
- Integrated Systems: buildings.lbl.gov/flexlab-and-systems-integration
Testing and validation of energy performance, Indoor Environmental Quality and connectivity in order to enable deeper energy savings, lower risks and lower transaction costs.
- Energy Analytics: buildings.lbl.gov/energy-analytics
Methods and tools for analyzing measured building performance in order to support data-driven decision making.
- Integrated Systems Packages: Enabling scaled adoption of integrated systems routinely in the real estate life-cycle: buildings.lbl.gov/cbs/isp
- Beyond Widgets: Integrated Systems Packages for Utility Incentive Programs: buildings.lbl.gov/cbs/getting-beyond-widgets-enabling-utility-incentive
- Zero-Net-Energy Small Commercial Retrofits: buildings.lbl.gov/cbs/zero-net-energy-small-commercial-retrofits
- Leading in Los Angeles: Integrated Facade, Lighting and Plug Load Retrofits: newbuildings.org/resource/leading-in-la/
- Energy Information Systems: eis.lbl.gov
- Automated M&V: buildings.lbl.gov/emis/assessment-automated-mv-methods
- Building Performance Standards: buildings.lbl.gov/cbs/building-performance-standards
- Building Performance Database (BPD): bpd-info.lbl.gov
- Standard Energy Efficiency Data Platform (SEED): www.energy.gov/eere/buildings/standard-energy-efficiency-data-platform
- Building Energy Data Exchange Specification (BEDES): bedes.lbl.gov
- Incorporating Energy Efficiency into Commercial Mortgages: buildings.lbl.gov/cbs/energy-factors-commercial-mortgages
- Energy Efficiency and Financial Valuation: buildings.lbl.gov/cbs/energy-efficiency-and-financial-valuation