- Building Technologies Department
- Building & Industrial Applications Department
- Whole Building Systems Department
Windows and Envelope Materials
The Windows and Envelope Materials Group develops energy-efficient window systems, and studies advanced daylighting designs, which allow the use of natural light in place of electric lighting. It also works to cool buildings, cities, and the planet with solar reflective roofs, pavements, and cars.
- advanced materials, coatings and deposition technologies for windows
- energy performance of window systems, including windows, glazings, frames, and blinds
- computer tools to improve energy performance and aid product rating and labeling
- daylighting strategies, including sensors that detect light levels and occupancy, and adjust electric lighting appropriately in response
- cool roofs and cool pavements
Learn more about Windows and Daylighting.
Learn more about Cool Roofs and Urban Heat Mitigation.